1. The ECB is committed to maintaining the highest standards of behaviour and conduct. This Code of Conduct Incorporates the Spirit of Cricket, as setout below. It applies to all matches played under the auspices of the ECB and may be applied to cricket in general.
2. The Captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the Spirit of Cricket as well as within the Laws.
3. Players and Team Officials must at all times accept the Umpire's decision. Players must not show dissent at the Umpire's decision or react in a provocative or disapproving manner towards an Umpire at any time.
4. Players and Team Officials shall not intimidate, assault or attempt to intimidate or assault an Umpire, another Player or a Spectator.
5. Players and Team Officials shall not use crude and/or abusive language (known as "sledging") nor make offensive gestures or hand signals nor deliberately distract an opponent.
6. Players and Team Officials shall neither make racially abusive comments nor Indulge in racially abusive actions against fellow players, officials, members and supporters. Clubs must operate an active open door membership policy whilst respecting player qualification regulations and welcome players/ members irrespective of ethnic origin.
7. Players and Team Officials shall not use or in any way be concerned in the use or distribution of illegal drugs.
8. Clubs must take adequate steps to ensure the good behaviour of their members and supporters towards players and Umpires.